|Click to edit cart / Checkout||Total||$0.00|
**Sunscreen Proven Safe for Both the Environment and Skin**
Ormond Beach, FL (March 29, 2016) Beach season is quickly approaching, and it's time to start thinking about using sunscreen. "Think blue - it's the new green" this Spring Break and summer by choosing Reef Safe SunCare, a sunscreen that not only protects skin from the sun, but has been scientifically proven harmless to our ocean environment.
"There are so many reasons why people should wear sunscreen, but too many of us are applying sunscreens to our bodies that could be dangerous to our oceans and marine life," commented Dan Knorr CEO/President of Tropical Seas. "This is why Reef Safe's main mission is to produce environmentally friendly products that will keep the oceans clean, thereby creating a safe haven for their inhabitants. Reef Safe has been scientifically proven to biodegrade in oceans, lakes and rivers; thus protecting fragile ecosystems while protecting your skin. Whether spending the day scuba diving, snorkeling, boating or relaxing at the beach, Reef Safe SunCare is the best sunscreen to use while having fun in the sun."
Here are 10 reasons why Reef Safe SunCare should be every outdoor enthusiast's choice of sunscreen:
- Proven Non-Toxic to Tested Corals: Reef Safe engaged the world renowned Mote Marine Tropical Research Laboratory to test the toxicity of Reef Safe's formulations, containing varying levels of sunscreen actives, including oxybenzone, on corals representatives of both inshore and offshore habitats. Research findings concluded that Reef Safe formulas caused no visual signs of stress, bleaching or mortality to tested corals at any level of sunscreen treatments over periods of 24 hours, 96 hours and 20 days.
- Biodegrades in oceans, lakes and rivers: Research has shown that Reef Safe SunCare products biodegrade, on average, in less than 90 days in seawater and freshwater. Tests have also found that Reef Safe's water resistant 80 minute formula allows less than three percent of the product to come off in the water.
- Lightweight protection: There's nothing worse than applying sunscreen that leaves skin feeling greasy and ghostly white. Reef Safe SunCare applies sheer and smooth, absorbs quickly leaving an invisible, breathable film on your skin.
- Water Resistant: Those concerned about getting sunburned while spending most of the day in the water need not worry! Reef Safe SunCare is water resistant for up to 80 minutes, making it the perfect choice for people participating in outdoor and water sports activities. Take a Reef Safe "time out" to reapply every two hours to ensure proper sun protection.
- Sensitive Skin Sunscreen: Reef Safe SunCare is a great solution for sunscreen users who have sensitive skin. Reef Safe's products are unscented and specifically formulated with a custom botanical blend that contains Aloe Vera & Algae Extract to help soothe and rehydrate sensitive skin.
- Fish-friendly: Reef Safe's sunscreens have shown no evidence of toxicity to microorganisms or other marine life, so both endangered and common sea creatures alike remain unharmed by these products. Further, Reef Safe will not contaminate or kill fishermen's bait.
- Stain-free: While many sunscreens rub off on clothing, linens and furniture causing discoloration and unsightly stains, Reef Safe products are specially formulated to keep clothing, linens and furniture just as safe and protected as skin.
- Effective and affordable: Whether buying one bottle or purchasing in bulk, Reef Safe protects the wallet along with the skin and environment. Reef Safe SunCare products typically retail from $5.00 / 4 oz to $13.00/ 8 oz pending the SPF value.
- Eco-friendly packaging: Reef Safe sunscreen formulas are not only safe for oceans, their packaging is also eco-friendly. All products are packaged in 100% plant derived bio-resin bottles, which use 90% less energy, thereby leaving a negative carbon footprint.
- Exceeds all FDA standards: All ingredients used in Reef Safe products are FDA approved for use in sunscreens and are manufactured in their FDA-registered factory. After products are manufactured, they are sent out for testing to ensure that they conform to all FDA standards.
About Reef Safe™ SunCare
Reef Safe SunCare, was introduced in 1996 by Tropical Seas of Ormond Beach, FL, as a sunscreen scientifically proven to biodegrade in oceans, lakes and rivers; thus protecting fragile ecosystems while protecting skin. Reef Safe sunscreen formulas were subjected to a comprehensive series of independent laboratory tests to support and authenticate safe for coral, non-toxic to sea life as well as the biodegradability of the lotions. Research found that Reef Safe SunCare products biodegrade, on average, in less than 90 days in seawater and freshwater. No evidence of toxicity to microorganisms or other sea life was detected. Research also found that Reef Safe's water resistant formula allows less than three percent of the product to come off after 80 minutes of activity in water. At Reef Safe it's not just about the ingredients, it's about how those ingredients are processed.
Reef Safe SunCare is also available through dive distributors Trident Dive, Marine Sports Manufacturing and A-Plus Marine.
For more information on Reef Safe SunCare visit www.tropicalseas.com, or www.reefsafesuncare.com. Follow Reef Safe SunCare on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.